Mission and Vision
The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce is a county business organization working to represent its membership and to provide leadership for positive economic growth and change.
To enhance and preserve the economic well being and quality of life of all citizens in Indian River County through the execution of our mission.
- We value positive economic growth, defined as the planned and responsible development of new and existing commerce.
- We value higher wage jobs and will strive to better the education and opportunity for our growing workforce population to the benefit of all citizens of Indian River County.
- We value our environment and will support efforts to protect and enhance our natural resources to the benefit of all citizens who live here and for those tourists and business clients who visit our community and spend their money in our county each year.
- We value the importance of effective and affordable education so as to enhance the quality and potential of our workforce.
- We value an environment that supports the rights of businesses and professionals to earn a reasonable profit and believe that the derived commerce enriches our economy and community.
- We value the cultural activities and institutions in our community and believe they enrich the quality of life for all of our citizens.
- We value a strong commitment to volunteerism in order to positively impact the lives of those who are challenged, and to perpetuate organizations whose existence is contingent on a strong volunteer effort.
Staff Mission Statement
Together, our Chamber of Commerce staff enthusiastically strives to make a difference in the business community. We accomplish this through awareness of member and community needs, effective business solutions, positive attitude and leadership.
Statement of Diversity
The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce seeks a diverse and inclusive membership and staff. The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce shall take all necessary steps to encourage the full participation, both in principle and practice, of all members of the Indian River County business community, regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. As an organization, our future and success rest in our ability to embrace and encourage diversity through our membership, leadership, and staff.