Our "Chamber Ambassadors" are an active group of Chamber members who serve as the liaison between the Chamber board and staff and the membership at large. To become an Ambassador, you must be a Chamber member for a minimum of 6 months.
Purpose: The Ambassadors serve as liaisons with Chamber membership. They promote Chamber membership through daily contacts and sharing leads. Ambassadors strive to retain members through personal contact to make members feel welcome and appreciated. Our Ambassadors also assist the Membership Director in recruiting new Chamber members.
- Attendance at monthly committee meetings (not missing 3 consecutive absences or 4 total meetings in a 12 month period).
- Attend a minimum combination of 12 “Business After Hours” and/or “Business Networking Breakfast” functions in each 12 month period.
- Attendance at 50% of all scheduled Ribbon Cuttings is also encouraged.
Welcome Our Members: New & Existing
- Serve as the “good will” Ambassador of the Chamber.
- Act as a “Greeter” and assist new members at Chamber functions and events;
- Introduce new members to each other and to existing members to help make them feel comfortable as a new member.
- Care Calls - reach out to new and existing members in person or via phone per Membership Directors monthly contact list. Submit a complete report back to the Membership Director at the monthly Ambassador's meeting.
- Represent the Chamber by attending business ribbon cuttings, grand openings and/or ground breakings for Chamber members.
Benefits to Our Ambassador Volunteers
- Exposure and name recognition for you and your business.
- Individual & Company recognition on the IRC Chamber website under the "Ambassadors" link.
- Opportunity to network with members at their place of business.
- Special Chamber name badge which recognizes you as a member of the Ambassador team.
- Opportunity for special recognition as the “Ambassador of the Year” at the Annual Chamber Meeting and in the enews newsletter.