Indian River State College
Indian River State College was authorized by the Florida Legislature in 1959 and has grown from a one-building structure to the dominant educational and cultural center in the community. The College moved to its present campus on Virginia Avenue in 1963 after the City of Fort Pierce donated 87 acres of land to IRSC.
In 1965, with the advent of integration, Indian River Junior College and Lincoln Junior College merged, creating one college to serve students in Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties. As the College continued to grow in scope and role, the Board of Trustees felt a name representative of the College’s comprehensive service was appropriate and, in 1970, changed its name to Indian River Community College.
In 2013, IRSC created the Virtual Campus to provide students with affordable, flexible and quality online learning opportunities that would fit into their lives. Since its inception, the Virtual Campus has grown to include 15 web-based degrees and hundreds of individual web-based courses.
Rep/Contact InfoView Personal BioMrs. Julia T. KeenanDirector of Development
- Phone: (772) 462-7244
- Fax: (772) 462-7244
- Send an Email
- Indian River State College Foundation 3209 Virginia Ave. Fort Pierce FL 34981