Business Technology Specialist
The Business Technology Specialist’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that our clients can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, remote support tools, as well as require that the individual give on-site support to clients.
Company requires and provides continuing education opportunities at no cost to all employees.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
- Document all end user billing information, including client name, contact information, nature of problem or issue, final resolution, and time spent on issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems when required.
- Record, track, and document customer requests, problem-solving process, billable time, actions taken, and final resolution.
- Support Desktop PCs and Applications via remote tools and in person.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform on-site fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Designing of network systems to meet clients needs.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Degree in a technology related field and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of current technology and trends.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting for Windows PCs.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Basic application support experience including Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Basic understanding of VPNs, DNS, DHCP, & NAT.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Experience with Active Directory administration in a Windows Domain environment.
- Experience with Apple MacOS a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
NOTE: Must be able to pass criminal background checks* Valid Driver’s License and Working Vehicle required.*