- Five (5) or more years of experience as a project manager on interior design projects.
- Involvement in high end residential projects in new construction and renovations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, numerous high-end specifications and finishes that are on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Design Manager, CAD, Social Media platforms.
- Strong ability to read construction and architectural drawings, schedules, and millwork details.
- Proficient in researching and executing lighting, fabric, and furniture selections.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Persuasive, influential, and innovative in regard to developing new strategies to improve the work structure and design process.
- Productive under pressure, operating efficiently in a fast pace but fun environment.
- Takes initiative, has a “can do attitude”.
- Collaborative as a member of a strong team.
- Positive, proactive, and passionate about their position.
- Ability to work on multiple design projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities when required.
- Take ownership of each project such as: selections, specifications, purchase orders, billing, vendor relations, and installation.
- Manage the client’s expectations with firm communication, organization, and regular appointment schedules.
- Collaborate with team members in preparing contracts, design presentations, client appointments, and billing.
- Report to the owner on progress, financial status, and any major issues of the project.
- Monitor the execution of subcontractors’ work, ensuring required time schedule, cost, quality of elements, and smooth transition into client’s homes.
- Accurately specify furniture, fixtures, etc., including, but not limited to, research of product size, finish, and stock. Follow through with purchase of product through vendor or manufacturer.
- Understand the quality and budget of manufacturers and vendors. Negotiate special pricing when needed.
- Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents.
- Must be able to create budget reports, punch lists, and other related documents and tracking methods.
- Communicate emergencies, mistakes, accidents, etc. in a professional and proactive manner.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Flexibility with changes of design or scope due to issues such as: client requests, budget, schedule challenges, economics, and natural disasters beyond our control.
- Available for travel as needed, per project, for site visits, project management, installation, photo shoots, etc.
- Possess professional appearance and communication skills at all times.
- Assist with the day to day office operations of a high-end interior design office.
Only the best need apply.