The Grants Coordinator works with the CEO to improve processes of the Grants Management Department and participate in long term organizational planning. The primary functions of the Research and Grants Manager is to manage the overall daily functions for all SafeSpace, Inc. Federal, State and Local Foundation grants. In addition, the Research and Grants Manager is responsible for managing agency grants, the preparation and submission of timely and accurate reports in conjunction with the CEO and relevant Program staff, and maintaining updates to the Agency’s client data management system (Osnium).
Education: Must have a High School Diploma, G.E.D. or higher, five years of experience in an office environment with at least 2 years in grants management. Must have excellent knowledge of word, excel and office equipment used by SafeSpace, Inc. Job related experience may substitute for formal education on a year for year basis at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
This position requires movement with the ability to perform routine bending/stooping while filing, twisting/reaching while working at computer/desk, walking/standing during course of day and drive to locations throughout SafeSpace service areas. Must possess valid Florida Driver’s License.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Conducts research for local, state and national funding opportunities.
- Provide oversight of contracts and grant applications by developing and maintaining contracts and grants management system.
- Acts as Agency’s main point of contact to all funders; review, distribute and maintain correspondence with funders as needed to meet funder requirements.
- Assist with the preparation and manage the submissions of funding applications.
- Organize agency funding applications, contracts, grants and/or other funding sources in a cohesive manner per funding cycle and/or fiscal year.
- Maintain customization updates to the agency’s client database (Osnium).
- Instruct agency employees on the implementation of agency’s client database, including entering data into systems and compiling reports as needed for agency funders.
- Review data entered into agency database used to compile reports as required by funders.
- Prepare statistical reports and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annually as specified per agency funders including associated statistical information.
- Submit Programmatic Deliverable reports monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annually as specified per agency funders including associated back up documentation received from Program Staff.
- Assists and meets with Agency Directors and Program Managers to monitor agency goals and objectives for reporting to funders.
- Maintain a log/data base of all current funders, pending and unfunded applications with outcome metrics, including the dollar amounts requested, actual amounts received and schedule of dates when reports are due.
- Assists in the development, execution and management of the Agency’s Memoranda of Understanding and Cooperative Agreements with partner Agencies.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the Development Manager and CEO.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must understand and be sensitive to the dynamics of domestic violence in our society.
- Ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work in a calm, logical and effective manner.
- Must be flexible in working hours to deal with any situations that might arise.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven management leadership skills, while taking a “hands on” implementation approach when needed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
We offer many benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K with company match, PTO and holiday pay, and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Plan.
Please reply resume to email@example.com.
EOE Please call SafeSpace, Inc.at 772-223-2399 if accommodations are needed under ADA.