POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all of Safe Space, Inc.’s fundraising initiatives including, but not limited to: the major gifts program, annual fundraising campaign, planned giving, special events, etc to achieve the Agency’s short and long-term development objectives under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Development Manager plans and implements strategies for identifying and attracting new and diverse donors to secure gift funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the fundraising priorities of the Agency.
The Manager works closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This energetic and highly motivated individual will be responsible for all vital revenue streams, which facilitates the achievement of the Agency’s mission and maximizes its impact in the community.
- Responsible for keeping current with issues and trends in the development field and to make recommendations for their implementation to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Confers with the CEO to formulate and initiate plans for the Agency’s Development Department and oversees their executions.
- Implements and achieves specific fund development goals as directed by the CEO and the Board of Directors.
- Identifies and sets measurable benchmarks for fundraising initiatives
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures for the Development Department to reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Oversees the administration of the Agency Donor Database including privacy, confidentiality, and utilization of Donor information.
- Develops and gains approval for an annual budget for the Development Department.
- Prepares, submits, and monitors the Development Department budget.
- Prepares regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures related to all fundraising programs and the management of the fundraising activities.
- Develops a comprehensive communication plan to promote the Agency to its Donors and maximizes public awareness of fundraising activities of the Agency.
- Cultivates relationships with existing community Stakeholders and Donors to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the Agency.
- Cultivates, coordinates and implements major gift solicitation (planned giving, endowment, major gifts and other relevant programs).
- Informs potential contributors of the special needs of the Agency to gain their support and encourages individuals, corporations, foundations and other potential funders through endowments, trusts, donations of in-kind gifts, bequests and other funding programs.
- Plans and implements donor appreciation and recognition activities in support of cultivation and stewardship functions.
- Reviews and approves distribution of Donor Acknowledgements and Thank you letters prepared by the Development Assistant/Volunteer Coordinator.
- Learns to oversee all Grant-writing efforts
FUNDRAISING/ PLANNED GIVING:
- Collaborates with the Board, Development Committees, and CEO to create a Fundraising Plan, which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Assesses, coordinates, and monitors rules and regulations pertaining to community fundraising.
- Monitors trends in the community and region and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Spearheads donor development related fundraising committees
- Oversees the planning and execution of special fundraising events for the organization
- Develops and manages timelines for fundraising activities ensuring that fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Development Department.
- Oversees the recruitment and training of Volunteers for development initiatives
- Actively participates in institutional meetings and committees.
- Prepares, in conjunction with the CEO, the Development Programs’ Annual Report.
- Conducts performance evaluations of supervised personnel and makes recommendations to the CEO.
- Maintains prescribed office hours.
- Executes any special projects as specified by the CEO.
- Is directly responsible to the CEO.
- Must embrace the mission of SafeSpace, Inc.
- Five years or more of progressively challenging fundraising experience that demonstrates strategic thinking and aggressive solicitation strategies and behavior.
- Knowledge of legal implications of charitable giving.
- Be a “self-starter” and have a desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Ability to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Possess the leadership and interpersonal skills to work with Board Members and Volunteers.
- Ability to travel to conduct public functions and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to supervise, manage and motivate staff.
- Strong marketing and public relations skills with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Extensive donor database computer management skills.
- Ability to work with teams, cross functionally and with high-level volunteers and boards.
- Self-starter, able to manage projects, establish and monitor priorities, maintain flexibility and meet deadlines with little direct supervision.
- Exceptionally strong communicator, writer, with strategic thinking, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding stewardship and relationship management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications and CRMs.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Excellent understanding of best practices.