SafeSpace, Inc. Development Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all of Safe Space, Inc.’s fundraising initiatives including, but not limited to: the major gifts program, annual fundraising campaign, planned giving, special events, etc to achieve the Agency’s short and long-term development objectives under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Development Manager plans and implements strategies for identifying and attracting new and diverse donors to secure gift funding from individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the fundraising priorities of the Agency.
The Manager works closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This energetic and highly motivated individual will be responsible for all vital revenue streams, which facilitates the achievement of the Agency’s mission and maximizes its impact in the community.
- Responsible for keeping current with issues and trends in the development field.
- Implements and achieves specific fund development goals.
- Identifies and sets measurable benchmarks for fundraising initiatives
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures for the Development Department to reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Oversees the administration of the Agency Donor Database.
- Develops an annual budget for the Development Department.
- Prepares regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditures.
- Develops a comprehensive communication plan to promote the Agency to its Donors and maximizes public awareness.
- Cultivates relationships with existing community Stakeholders and Donors.
- Informs potential contributors of the special needs of the Agency to gain their support.
- Plans and implements donor appreciation and recognition activities.
- Reviews and approves distribution of Donor Acknowledgements.
- Learns to oversee all Grant-writing efforts
Fundraising/ Planned Giving:
- Collaborates with the Board, Development Committees, and CEO to create a Fundraising plan.
- Assesses, coordinates, and monitors rules and regulations pertaining to community fundraising.
- Monitors trends in the community and region and adapts fundraising strategies as necessary.
- Spearheads donor development related fundraising committees
- Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Development Department.
- Prepares, in conjunction with the CEO, the Development Programs’ Annual Report.
- Conducts performance evaluations of supervised personnel and makes recommendations to the CEO.
- Must embrace the mission of SafeSpace, Inc.
- Knowledge of legal implications of charitable giving.
- Be a “self-starter” and have a desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Ability to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Possess the leadership and interpersonal skills to work with Board Members and Volunteers.
- Ability to travel to conduct public functions and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Exceptionally Ability to supervise, manage and motivate staff.
- Strong marketing and public relations skills with the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Extensive donor database computer management skills.
- Ability to work with teams, cross functionally and with high-level volunteers and boards.
- strong communicator, writer, with strategic thinking, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must attend meetings off premises and occasionally attends functions on weekends and evenings.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.