The primary function of the Development Coordinator is to accurately and timely enter information and donations into the FundEZ program for fundraising and relationship management uses, including thanking donors. This position will also assist in the development of donors, volunteers and resources for the organization.
Education: Must have a high school diploma, G.E.D. or higher, five years of experience in an office environment. Have knowledge of word, excel and office equipment used by SafeSpace, Inc. Knowledge of graphic design is helpful. Job related experience may substitute for formal education on a year for year basis at the discretion of the Chief Executive Officer.
This position requires movement with the ability to walk, stand, sit at a desk for up to 8 hours, and drive to locations throughout SafeSpace service areas. Must possess valid Florida Driver’s License
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Agency’s FundEZ donor database by entering & updating donor and constituent information as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Update and maintain financial exports of donor cash receipts.
- Responsible for organizing, filing and archiving all records relating to donors and constituents.
- Prepare written acknowledgements to all financial donors, including special requests.
- Create and edit specific donor reports for events and mailings.
- Create and maintain registration spreadsheets for events, including but not limited to participants, sponsors, partners, and in-kinds.
- Attend and assist with events, event set-up & breakdown, including but not limited to organizing supplies for events facilitated by staff and volunteers.
- Update and maintain SafeSpace website and social media including but not limited to submission of photos and script on Facebook and in Luminaries.
- Attend Events and Community meetings. Represent SafeSpace, as assigned by Development Manager, and report specific content and submit Agendas back to Development Manager.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of annual fundraising events and other resource development and volunteer activities.
- Serves as primary staff contact for other development resources.
- Responsible to create and maintain standard operating procedures for all tasks regarding this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Manager and CEO.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must understand and be sensitive to the dynamics of domestic violence in our society.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth orientated environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-orientated approach.
- Be able to work in a calm, logical and effective manner.
- Must be flexible in working hours to deal with any situations that might arise.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with volunteers and customers.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities.
- Must be independent, self-motivated and professional