Assistant Advocate for Domestic Violence Agency
Qualifications and Skills:
A High School diploma, G.E.D. or higher. Must have the ability to follow both written and oral instructions as well as work independently or as part of a group. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be able to work flexible hours, as this job may require working on nights, weekends and Holidays.
This position requires movement about the Shelter facility on an hourly basis, sitting at a desk for up to 5 hours, and using a computer. Sitting on the floor and / or playing outside with children as needed. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and drive the agency van as related to providing agency services including, but not limited to: transportation of participants, and / or picking up agency supplies. Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license.
Principal Job Responsibilities
· Respond to and document Crisis Hotline calls in Agency client database which includes a safety plan, lethality assessment, screening for shelter and providing information and referrals as appropriate.
· Determine eligibility of individuals to enter shelter or other program services. In cases of dispute, determination will be made in consultation with the supervisor or AOC as appropriate.
· Provide and / or arrange transportation for participants to Shelter from police station, emergency room or Supportive Living Program facility.
· Document all ongoing supportive services in participants Agency client database file in accordance with FCADV and SafeSpace standards.
· Respond to shelter emergencies in accordance with SafeSpace, Inc. Policies and Procedures.
· Conduct and document hourly walk-through of the shelter inside & outside to ensure security, and the needs of participants are being met.
· Distribute supplies to participants as needed.
· Assist Child Advocate with supervising children during in house groups.
· Completion of daily safety checks to include, but not limited to: Rooms, Playground, Refrigerators, and Freezers.
· As needed, conduct intake of Shelter Program participants and complete all intake paperwork, provide tour of shelter and give participant a Shelter Handbook. Sign all appropriate forms in file and input participant information into Agency client database in accordance with DCF and SafeSpace standards.
· Complete all daily assigned shift tasks.
· Assist with shelter, garage, and play area maintenance and cleaning to include but not be limited to: sweeping and mopping floors, room/kitchen cleaning, weekly refrigerator/freezer cleaning, laundry/linens, closet cleaning/organization, and trash removal.
· Organize and write expiration date on all food items in food pantries; discard of any expired items.
· Ensure all pasta and rice products that are not immediately distributed to participants, are put in freezer.
· Perform weekly inventories of food, cleaning, kitchen, and office supplies.
· Sort and put away donations daily.
· Review and maintain documentation of shelter activities in the communication log as well as shift emails daily.