|As a valued member of the sales and marketing team responsible for analyzing, developing, and successfully implementing the product line, including catalog, e-commerce, and special markets for some of the Indrio Brands titles including Pittman & Davis.
|Merchandise highly sought-after gifts at a budgeted margin within the Brand print.
|Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Overall Variable Margin
- New product success rate
|Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop new products that fall within the brand print to sell online and through catalog marketing.
- Price products balancing hitting margin goals with being competitive in the marketplace.
- Merchandise multiple catalogs throughout the year with a blend of new and existing products.
- Analyze product performance after each season identifying items to retain as well as ones to replace.
- Develop product-level promotions in conjunction with marketing for use in multiple customer-facing touchpoints including email, digital, and print collateral.
- Work with the Fruit and Procurement team to determine fruit varieties and availability dates, pricing on commodity items, and labor and shipping costs.
- Utilizing price point, category, and square inch analysis, to determine product matrix and assortment.
- Develop product line, using brand-print and margin guidelines. Source components, design, and packaging items.
- Provide catalog pagination to the designer, as well as product, copy, and sales information.
- Prepare sales estimates by SKU to conform to budgeted sales dollars.
- Coordinate product photography: samples, scheduling, covers, layout compliance, on-set art direction, and execution.
- Work with catalog designer and printer on image corrections and retouching.
- Oversee proofing of catalog, coordinate corrections, and approve final files for printer.
- On-site or remote color approval of catalog at the printer.
- Determine Gift List recommendations, Gift List envelope design, and products.
- Provide merchandise by category to the web marketing team.
- Periodic review of website content for seasonal product relevancy and opportunities.
- Provide suggestions on seasonal promotions and emails.
- Execute end-of-season merchandise analysis: Price Point, Category, Square Inch, New Customers vs House file, and other analyses as determined.
- Develop products for special markets, space ads, and promotions that meet margin and brand requirements as requested.
- Work with procurement on component selection, timely ordering of materials, and updates on the forecast and out-of-stock items.
- Work with Marketing staff on implementation – emails, catalog launch, promotions, as well as providing information and updates to Customer Care.
|Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of merchandising experience in the food or gift business, with margin and sales accountability.
- Operational skill set as well as design/ merchandising abilities.
- Able to work with and coordinate information from many different departments.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of discretion, integrity, judgment, and responsiveness.
- Positive and proactive energy, a sense of humor, and the ability to work collaboratively and get the job done.
- Excellent Communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Moderate computer and software skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing
- Motivated to hit targets and goals
- Confident and a self-starter
- Attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to multi-task
|Physical Demands & Work Environment
|The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The peak season for Indrio Brands spans from November through January. PTO blackouts may apply in peak season.
|Indrio Brands, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other legally protected status under the law.