Responsible to monitor our computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches. Plan and implement security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data. Stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers' methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause, document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with network and operations to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls.
- Protect digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification or destruction.
- Maintain data and monitor security access.
- Conduct internal and external security audits.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures.
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact
- Security awareness training.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 3-5 years experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. General Knowledge of computer technology, computer languages, working skills in system design and development as well as basic management skills.
- CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker.
- CISM: Certified Information Security Manager.
- CompTlA Security+
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional.
- GSEC: SANS GIAC Security Essentials.