Procurement Quality Engineer
Evaluate and monitor activities and methods of Quality Control processes, specifications, policies and procedures; recommend and implement revisions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain nonconforming material matrix data for the purpose of quality reporting through the use of statistical process control.
- Maintain, implement, and monitor supplier control system, including Material Review Boards (MRBs) and Supplier Corrective Action Request as required.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards; recommend the revision of specifications, policies, and procedures.
- Perform internal audits in accordance with Quality Assurance manual.
- Interface with Engineering, customers, and suppliers on quality issues.
- Investigate root cause and corrective action for discrepancies targeted.
- Evaluate Piper Process Specifications (PPS), engineering drawings, and other acceptance criteria to verify quality characteristics or functions.
- Application of statistical quality control and statistical methods for the purpose of measuring and improving the quality of processes.
- Evaluate quality activity in various areas to determine process capability and control to ensure smooth, uninterrupted workflow.
- Implement strategic plans initiated by the quality department.
- Design, install, and evaluate process sampling systems and statistical techniques.
- Recommend strategy for warranty claim issues.
- Determine if part can be salvaged and the possibility of using an alternate part.
- Review Quality manual to ensure recommended revision in procedure is instituted.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
Bachelors’ Degree in technical area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 5 years within a quality capacity in a manufacturing organization with aircraft experience preferable. Requires comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing process and quality system, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements, and working knowledge of Windows based computer programs such as Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project.