Maintenance Mechanic B
Plans and performs a wide variety of general maintenance and troubleshooting; millwright duties, including carpentry, welding, plumbing, machining, installing, constructing, dismantling, assembling, painting, material salvage operations, etc. Works from blueprints, work orders, manufacturer's manuals, plant lay outs, schematics, and written/verbal instructions. Assists in the installation of industrial machinery, equipment, and various systems. Use of hand tools, ladders, material moving equipment, measuring instruments, jacks, hoists, cranes, shears, drills, presses, lubricants, solvents, fasteners, component parts and related tools, equipment, supplies and materials. Works under directions from lead person or more experienced employee. (Some weekends and holidays required).
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive assignments and pertinent documentation from Planner Scheduler.
- Respond to trouble calls in an expeditious manner.
- Communicates work ticket status to Planner Scheduler.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Maintain/repair standard plant mechanical and structural equipment.
- Repair broken parts or initiate orders for materials or equipment to complete repairs.
- Maintain/repair Golf Carts, Medium Duty Utility vehicles, Aircraft Tugs, Material Handling equipment.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Assembles, installs new machinery and equipment.
- Dismantles and or moves machinery and equipment when required.
- Mixes and pours concrete when required.
- Aligns machines and equipment.
- Assist machine operators and technicians in diagnosing malfunctions and operational difficulties.
- Must have willingness to see project from start to finish; and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to a lead person.
- Assist other facilities/maintenance team members as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and 5-7 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to a two year technical school. Requires the use of specialized knowledge along with the ability to interpret drawings and/or blueprints.