The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for ensuring Piper’s equipment, machinery, and grounds are maintained appropriately to consistently support the Company’s manufacturing operations, and environmental, health, and safety programs. Responsible for continuous improvement, and implementation of equipment preventative and predictive maintenance programs.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure department employees are fully aware and abide by all safety programs and protocols.
- Develop and oversee a Professional Maintenance and Autonomous Maintenance system to ensure uninterrupted production operations.
- Ensure the diagnosis and repair of all equipment and machines is completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Responsible for plant building and infrastructure maintenance.
- Performing P.M.’s on facilities items as necessary both independently or along with technicians.
- Coordinates schedules for the most effective use of resources. and contract services.
- Manage contractors when on site.
- Maintains a preventive and predictive maintenance programs on all facilities infrastructure.
- Collaborates with other departments to minimize disruptions to plant operations.
- Coordinate setting up spare parts in the plant MRO for facilities infrastructure, to reduce production downtime due to breakdown of equipment.
- Supervise any direct reports, this includes following any HR requirements, performance reviews and training plans.
- Assist with new equipment installs.
- Enforce safety rules daily.
- Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
- Ensure that use of PPE and safe work practices are adhered to, coach employees and contractors as needed.
- Build credibility through continuous demonstration of safety as a value through their personal actions.
- Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
- Ensure scheduling of manpower is adequate to meet immediate and forecasted production requirements.
- Analyze maintenance operations and recommend improvements to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Interface with management to review project status as necessary or requested.
- Prepare regulatory environmental, health, and safety reports as required.
- Assist with the implementation of sustainability, waste, energy, and water reduction programs.
- Ability to plan, organize, communicate, and motivate employees.
- Must be able to prioritize own work -day schedule.
- Requires detailed knowledge of building infrastructure systems, i.e. Central Chillers & towers, HVAC, Compressors, Building Security, and Electric & Plumbing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree required (BS preferred) in an engineering field and at least 5 years experience in facility maintenance within a manufacturing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate/advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word/Excel/Power Point required (AutoCAD experience preferred). Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) trained or the ability to be trained is required. Knowledge of groundwater remediation equipment is strongly preferred.