Experimental Hangar Manager
Oversee the construction, assembly, testing, and continuing airworthiness of prototype aircraft for certification.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the hangar operations in schedules, metrics, staffing, budget planning, capacity planning, support resources, training and overall processes; and maintain schedule compliance and budget perimeters.
- Manage continuous process improvements throughout the department.
- Provide direction to team members based on general policies and company guidance. Insure all team personnel focus on company goals, objectives and core values. Use established policies and precedents to guide direction given to team members.
- Assess accomplishments of the team based on goals and objectives. Develop cost, quality and schedule commitment metrics to focus entire manufacturing team. Plan and schedule team activities to meet established deadlines.
- Act as liaison between department and Engineering to troubleshoot assembly or installation problems that arise.
- Interface with technical representatives and schedule repairs and/or meetings as required.
- Coordinate installations or assemblies outside the department as required lo work squawks.
- Promote 5S housekeeping throughout the department to keep a presentable appearance of the Company.
- Support safety programs and promote active part/ tool control, safety equipment usage, ensuring compliance with all safety policies.
- Maintain all necessary records, files and reports.
- Responsibilities include supervision of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary A&P mechanics, in addition to training and assisting employees.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and at least 7 years aircraft mechanic or assembly experience, with experience running a Structural Substantiation (static test) certification program. A&P License preferred (airframe and powerplant).
Thorough knowledge of fundamentals of aircraft assembly and/or mechanics, and working knowledge of Windows based computers and programs is necessary to perform the duties in this position.