Data Acquisition Engineer
Responsibilities include the design, implementation, and operation of data acquisition equipment for testing use on Part 23 aircraft. The ideal candidate is a hands-on person with data acquisition experience, and with a particular focus on aircraft flight (systems, performance, stability and control) tests. The role will be based primarily at our Vero Beach facility for all design and testing.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives.
- Work with the respective engineers to design an instrumentation configuration that meets their test data requirements.
- Source and participate in the install of data acquisition equipment.
- Work with vendors and in-house fabrication shops to fabricate test equipment.
- Guide the installation of the test equipment on test aircraft and perform tests.
- Provide the data needed to document compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Determine and develop solutions within schedule and cost objectives.
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education And Experience:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering. Experience in aviation testing or an equivalent combination of education and experience is desired.
- Experience using AutoCAD to draw schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Experience with ACRA, TTC, and UEI data acquisition equipment.
- Experience with IADS software.
- Experience in general aviation certification programs.
- Design experience using Unigraphics/NX/Teamcenter environment.
- Hands-on mechanical background.