CNC Service Technician
Provides multi-disciplinary expertise in preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, trouble shooting, calibration, adjustment, repair and installation of a wide variety of complex, interrelated, state-of-the-art process machinery and equipment: such as CNC machine tools, and manual machine tools. Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains all CNC equipment and computer controls for optimum performance and reliability.
- Aligns, adjusts dimensions and tolerances, trouble shoots mechanical, electrical, and electronic malfunctions, using blueprints, and schematics.
- Must have a sound understanding of electrical, electronic and mechanical systems and their related components.
- Dismantles/assembles manufacturing equipment/machines to remove/replace defective parts as required.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Assist machine operators and technicians in diagnosing malfunctions and operational difficulties.
- Must have willingness to see project from start to finish; and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to meet customer time commitments.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Support new equipment installations as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 7-10 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to a two year technical school. Requires the use of specialized knowledge along with the ability to interpret drawings and/or blueprints.