Auto Shop Mechanic
Performs a wide variety of general maintenance and troubleshooting; millwright duties, including carpentry, welding, plumbing, machining, installing, constructing, dismantling, assembling, painting, material salvage operations, etc.. Works from blueprints, work orders, manufacturer's manuals, plant lay outs, schematics, and written /verbal instructions. Assists in the installation of industrial machinery, equipment, and various systems. Use of hand tools, ladders, material moving equipment, measuring instruments, jacks, hoists, cranes, shears, drills, presses, lubricants, solvents, fasteners, component parts and related tools, equipment, supplies and materials. Works under directions from leadperson or more experienced employee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receives assignments and pertinent documents.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Maintain standard plant mechanical and structural equipment perform preventive maintenance as required.
- Plans and lay out sequence of operation.
- Operate material handling equipment
- Dismantles machines.
- Moves machinery and equipment.
- Assembles and installs equipment.
- Erects staging/rig hoist.
- Constructs foundation for machines.
- Aligns machines and equipment.
- Mixes and pours concrete.
- Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures.
- Operates engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- May direct and/or train lesser experience employees.
- Maintains all records, files, and reports.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 1-3 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience commensurate to a two year technical school.