Duties of this job are highly diverse and meant to fit the majority of fabrication, assembly, and finishing operations within the company. Duties are routine in nature and include routine set up and machine operations, sheet metal assemblies, etc. Work independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Support company goals and objectives by performing duties as assigned by specified employee, Supervisor.
- Ability to use various machinery and equipment such as presses, drills, air tools, fixtures, etc. to meet production requirements.
- Possess the knowledge of various set up operations that are required in order to complete work assignments.
- Record data as necessary on travelers, production reports, work lists, etc.
- Move material and supplies to designated locations using hand carts and powered equipment.
- Report to various supervisors and departments as daily production requirements change.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Team Members, Supervisor.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form. Ability to perform the duties of the job by applying basic mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ratio, portion, and percent.