Enhanced knowledge of aircraft components, assemblies, and materials while performing assigned assembly operations. Including but not limited to fuselage, wing, and control surfaces. Assist in the installation of fuel and hydraulic systems, brake systems, air conditioning, electrical harnesses, etc. Develop an understanding of aircraft hardware specifications (AN, MS, hardware standards). Assist in making repairs to and/or rework aircraft as required or directed. May require working with a variety of aircraft sealant and or adhesives. Use of hand tools common to assembly operations: drill motors, sanders, shears, torque wrenches, screw and sealant guns. Takes direction from Supervisor or assigned team member. Work independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Report all shortages to stock controller.
- Work with different gauges and types of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, aluminum, etc.
- Drill, ream, rivet, fit, countersink, adjust, finish, and inspect part to assure specifications are met.
- Trim, file, grind, de-burr, buff, and smooth surfaces.
- Maintain all necessary records, files, and reports.
- Route wiring harnesses, cables, and various system lines.
- Trim, align, and adjust parts as required to ensure proper fit.
- Install various components in structural assembly.
- Properly prepare surfaces and apply sealant/adhesives per Piper Process Specifications (PPS).
- Accurately complete Break of Inspection Record (BOI) in accordance with company procedures.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and 1 - 3 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form. Ability to perform the duties of the job by applying basic mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ratio, portion, and percent.