CNC Manual Mill / Lathe Operator
Operate manual CNC machine centers such as vertical/ horizontal mills and/ or turning centers. Operate control consoles to enter data for machine operation. The machining operation requires loading CNC programs and tool magazines and the set up and positioning of parts in holding fixtures; also edit programs as required to produce optimal results. Work independently with minimal direction from supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/ rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, Schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Required to concurrently run multiple machine centers.
- Load machine as required in accordance with shop orders.
- Activate and observe machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measure work piece dimensions to determine accuracy on machine operation.
- Edit program as required to compensate for tool wear and machine operation in order to continually produce parts within tolerance.
- Remove flashing, burrs, and sharp edges from work piece and perform other additional operations at CNC work center that will reduce shop flow.
- May be required to maintain cutting tool inserts and replace/ repair tools as necessary to assure machine operation.
- Machine and work area must be kept clean.
- Requires the use of and ownership of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED), 3 - 5 years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience.