About the Organization
Senior Resource Association (SRA) is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that provides services to support and advocate for independence and dignity of older adults throughout Indian River County. Our organization was established in 1974 to promote an active, healthy, and independent lifestyle for older adults through a variety of client-centered programs and services. We provide nourishment, supervised socialization, transportation and information referral services for seniors and their families. Our goal is to keep seniors healthy and in their own homes for as long as safely possible. In addition, SRA is the county-designated public transportation provider. Our fixed route buses provide service along 15 routes throughout Indian River County, and part of St. Lucie County. Our demand-response service picks up the elderly and disabled at their specified origination point and takes them where they need to go in the community. For more details, visit www.SeniorResourceAssociation.org.
• Skilled in safe and efficient operation of a passenger bus or vehicle
• Operate assigned vehicle responsibly and safely and in accordance with state motor vehicle laws.
• Observe all traffic laws, rules and regulations.
• Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Satisfactory completion of Senior Resource Association’s training requirements.
• Valid FDOT Physical
• Excellent physical condition, permitting lifting and/or assisting of physically handicapped clients
• Personality compatible with working closely with the public
• Exercise independent judgment, initiative, and courtesy to the public.
• Pre and post service vehicles, reporting deficiencies to the operations supervisor.
• Maintain operator records required supporting the system data base which includes mileage, fuel, passenger counts, and other operating data as may be required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Transportation Director, Safety Supervisor or Operations Supervisors.
Valid commercial driver’s license (Class B) with passenger endorsement, registered with the Florida DMV.