Engineer II - Liaison Engineering
Provide mid-level air-frame support to Liaison Engineering department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Function as primary “first responder” focal point for airframe Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Safety, Facilities, Customer Support, and Air Safety on engineering and technical issues related to Type Design.
- Analyze and disposition production airframe nonconformances through standard repair methods.
- Represent engineering in Material Review Board (MRB) process of airframe nonconformance resolution by disposition of non-standard repairs including the substantiation of the proposed resolution.
- Investigate airframe engineering drawing and specification errors and correct suitably through Corrective Action, drawing revision and engineering orders or specification action.
- Act and produce innovative solutions and exhibit resourcefulness to support integrated product teams to modernize Piper with airframe industry practices.
- Support Design and Manufacturing by determination of appropriate methods for fabricating, inspecting, and installing airframe components.
- Act in a mentoring capacity to junior engineers.
Engineer II professionals work independently and develop solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems, requiring ingenuity and innovation. They work according to established guidelines. They plan research and development programs and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives. They ensure application of best practices and identify the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools. They translate regulatory requirements into work requirements, processes, and tasks. They plan, schedule, and lead others to produce technical work responsive to customer needs within allocated budgets. They possess technical experience appropriate for Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) unit member candidacy. They contact customers, teaming partners, subcontractors, and suppliers to exchange technical data and to discuss project performance. They manage supplier relationships and participate in development of fundamental approaches to projects and of requirements for implementation. Position requires a bachelor’s degree in aerospace, electrical, mechanical, or systems engineering and knowledge of aircraft hardware with a minimum of five years aircraft experience with relevant airframe hardware. Candidates shall be capable of working in diverse team environments and physically able to move in and out of the office/plant without restrictions.
Education And Experience:
Requires a Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering and minimum of seven years related general aviation experience.
Computer aided design (CAD) skills are required to perform the duties of this position.