Senior Base Painter - 2nd Shift
Perform diversified tasks including spray painting, prime coat, taping, and paper turning, trimming, touch-up painting, etc. on aircraft. Apply both primer and base paint to the exposed portion of aircraft structure insuring a high quality finish. Evaluate environmental conditions (i.e. temperature/humidity) within the paint booth, adjust paint mixture and spray equipment to assure proper atomization and application of material. Immediately before painting make necessary preparation to paint booth. Utilize equipment and material, such as: lifting hoist, various spray equipment, epoxy primer, filler material, and paint. Work independently or with minimal direction from Supervisor.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work from and follow process specifications, work orders, travelers, station paperwork, blueprints, rework/rejection tags, schedules, Aircraft Production Orders, schematics, layout & modifications sheets, engineering orders, Piper Production Spec (PPS), Piper Material Spec (PMS), Material Review Board, and verbal/written instruction.
- Wash down, inspect, and make minor repairs to aircraft.
- Prior to the application of wash primer insure aircraft surface is free of all contaminates.
- Prepare booth and position aircraft for application of primer coat.
- Measure and record the humidity and temperature.
- Apply primer and base paint in accordance with applicable process specification.
- Move aircraft from booth.
- Maintain and repair equipment.
- Perform trim and touch-up painting as required.
- Carefully remove all preparation materials (i.e. masking tape and paper) from aircraft.
- Maintain records, reports, and files as necessary.
- Scrutinize every facet of job and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to Team Leader.
- Requires the use of basic tools and various hand tools as specified by departmental tool list.
- Perform housekeeping chores as department requirements dictate.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Education And Experience:
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and 5 or more years of related experience and training / equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers in both written and oral form. Ability to perform the duties of the job by applying basic mathematics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate rate, ratio, portion, and percent.