Edlund, Dritenbas, Binkley Architects & Associates, P.A.
Perform computer-aided design and drafting (CAD) of architectural design documents to be included in reports, specifications, proposals, presentations and marketing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Capable of performing all duties of a CAD/Drafting Technician as necessary;
· Draft, edit, & finalize technical drawings;
· Operate a CAD computer using appropriate hardware and software to develop final drawings;
· Transfer information from an architectural drawing to a final CAD drawing using appropriate symbols and drafting standards
· Analyze sketches, notes and other input material to determine best approach to complete drawings
· Copy detailed plans and drawings and perform non-routine complex drafting assignments
· Operate a plotter, printer, scanner, or other input / output devices
· Proofreading CAD drawings for accuracy, format, & grammar
· Performing other technical or administrative services as required.
Education and Experience
Language / Communication Skills
- Graduation from an accredited high school, or completion of a GED program. A minimum of 3-5 years full time experience performing CAD drafting work in a professional setting or equivalent experience and training that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities. Or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training as outlined above that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this role.
- Knowledge of architectural drawing basics including sheet organization and scales is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret red line drawings from Architects, CAD Managers, or others on the project team. Strong communication skills to include the ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions, and the ability to interact effectively to maintain a team environment.
Computer / Software Skills
- Capable of paying close attention to detail, maintaining and managing project files with standard naming conventions and folder structures, and drawing files with layers and objects in such a way that meets company standards and project team standards.
- Extensive experience using the latest releases of Autodesk AutoCAD. Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD includes but is not limited to Annotation Styles, Multi leaders, MTEXT, Dimensioning, Sheet Sets, Paper Space / Model Space, XREFs, Layers, Dynamic Blocks, and Tool Palettes.
- Basic understanding of the latest releases of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe PDF, and Windows File Explorer.