HR Benefits Administrator
The benefits administrator position is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, travel and accident plan, flexible spending plan, retirement plans, etc.). This position provides excellent customer service and designs quality benefits plans. The administrator continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files, maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records.
- Research employee benefits plans and vendors to identify those that present the best value.
- Design, recommend and implement new benefits programs to include distribution of materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing. Handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, distributions, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- Perform plan audits. Prepare, collect and organize data for actuarial assessments. Review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces.
- Survey industry trends. Complete benefits surveys and review information obtained from the results. Analyze complex benefits information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
- Works closely with and through broker and third party administrators.
- Process benefits invoice billings and develops techniques for compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Works closely with and through brokers and third party administrations to assure that HR maintains efficient, effective total compensation and benefit programs.
- Manage monthly wellness initiatives to inform and increase participation and quarterly 401(k) meetings to inform and increase employee participation. Provide assistance to employees for company benefits such as; insurance plans and voluntary benefit products.
- Coordinate the company's compliance activities for leaves; Family Medical Leave ACT (FMLA) leaves, Military Leaves, Personal Leaves, Short Term Disability (STD) benefits, Long Term Disability (LTD) benefits, American Disability Acts (ADA) benefits.
- Benefits Reports: Plan Amendments, PBC Year-End Listing, Pension and Retirement Savings Plans, PPA-Pension Reinstatement, 5500s, Mass Mutual – True-Ups, and Mass Mutual-Forfeitures.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) minimum 3 - 5 Human Resources, Benefits, and Compensation-related experience and/or data analysis proficiency required. Computer experience includes intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs. Certified Compensation Professional (CPP), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), and/or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation preferred.