Accounting & HR Coordinator
Position Title: Accounting & HR Coordinator
Reports to (Position Title): Manager of Accounting with dotted line to Director of Human Resources
The Accounting and HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Manager of Accounting with accounting and bookkeeping functions and the Director of Human Resources with payroll & HR functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage flow of all invoices for ownership and duplicates.
- Set up weekly check runs and reports.
- Maintain vendor files, W-9’s and vendor certificates of insurance.
- Fill out credit application forms for the Manager of Accounting to review and present to GM for signature.
- Reconcile vendor statements to paid invoices and resolve discrepancies.
- Process year end 1099’s, workers comp reports and information for subcontractors.
- Post all chits for applicable departments.
- Post all payments and banking deposits via electronic scanner & cash deposits to bank.
- Submit check requests and process checks and refunds as directed by Accounting Manager.
- Bill marina residents utilizing the credit card platform.
- Apply member fee billings, into include but not limited to: member dues, lockers/bag storage, handicap fees, minimum billing, golf association, bocce and rental fees.
- Run system check out and apply credits and interest billing.
- Modify, message, print, mail and email monthly statements.
- Sort and distribute daily accounting mail.
- Update golf rounds daily.
- Responsible for monthly accrual tracking of invoices for preparation of end of month accrual entry.
- Review the month end checklist of invoices.
- Review the A/R and A/P subledger at month end and prepare reconciliations for each.
- Maintain the storage inventory list with Iron Mountain, schedule pick up and determine destroy dates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Partners with Director of Human Resources to manage HRIS.
- Effectively and promptly respond to and resolve employee requests, changes, and issues that arise with timesheet submissions and timeclock changes.
- Monitor tax withholding information and direct deposit data.
- Manage all 401(k) payroll-related activities, including biweekly allocation funding.
- In conjunction with the payroll system, audit, analyze and maintain wage garnishment information.
- Audit bi-weekly payroll and prepare register entries.
- With approval from Director of Human Resources, process off cycle checks for miscellaneous payouts.
- Assist with compliance reporting requirements including year-end payroll reporting, W2’s, ACA Reporting, 5500 reporting, HSA contributions.
- Analyze timesheet and other payroll submissions, such as adjustments, PTO requests, gratuities, etc. with attention to detail and detection of discrepancies prior to final submission.
- Act as backup for Director of Human Resources; field questions and provide information to employees as needed.
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Manage compliance initiatives (i.e. I-9, yearly MVR for drivers, etc).
- Produce reports to managers and Accounting as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, state and federal payroll laws, taxes, benefits and year end processes.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Experience working with ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Experience working with Jonas software preferred.
- Knowledge of Country Club operations and Accounting practices preferred.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive data, and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- Able to calmly and professionally prioritize and manage time efficiently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Accounting applications.
Credentials and Experience
Education: A.S. in Accounting
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in Accounting and Payroll
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions