Board Member Applications
Board of Directors Application
Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Indian River County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth. Completing the attached application and the commitment form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position.
Please complete the application in full. Applications and commitment forms are accepted until 5 pm Friday, May 31, 2023.
This application will be kept confidential and on file at the Chamber office. Applications are used by the Chamber's Nominating Committee to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. This committee will review each application and make recommendations to the full board of directors. Directors are elected by a majority vote of current board members.
Board Member Job Responsibilities
- Serves a minimum of 1 three-year term on the Board. Eligible to serve 2 three-year terms.
- Attends board meetings on a regular basis. Currently, the 3rd Wednesday of every month at 3:30 pm at the Chamber.
- Act as a Liaison or participant on a Chamber committee.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Make a serious commitment to participate/attend Chamber-sponsored events.
- Participates in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning session.
- Participates in membership recruitment for the organization.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Board Information and Application